Still looking for a summer internship? Here are some with upcoming March deadlines
If you’re still looking for a summer journalism internship, don’t fret. We’ve compiled a list of paid internships and fellowships with March deadlines. Here are the options.
- The SPLC is looking to hire two reporting interns for summer 2018. The internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent college graduates. Reporters will get the opportunity to write breaking news, research complex story topics and tell stories through multimedia, among others.
- The SPLC is also looking for a law school student to work as a legal intern. Intern duties will include conducting legal research, helping refine legal guides and fact sheets and writing stories for the SPLC.org website. Past legal interns have drafted amicus briefs and conducted survey research.
- Past interns have also gotten to visit the U.S. Supreme Court and meet journalists like The Washington Post’s Margaret Sullivan.
- You will assist in research, writing and/or production for a specific unit or department, detailed below. This may include learning aspects of print and video production; technical, promotional and public relations techniques or program production.
- The Gazette is seeking students in their junior or senior year who are interested in journalism. Reporting interns may be called to write for any news section of the paper and online sites. An interest in digital news is a plus.
- The Scientist offers a full-time internship program. Successful applicants start writing immediately, quickly becoming integral members of our staff. Interns work from home on their own computers and must keep US East Coast business hours. As an intern you will cover breaking news for our website, produce a variety of articles for the print magazine, manage The Scientist’s social media presence, scan the literature for upcoming studies of interest, and proofread magazine articles.
- The job includes reporting and writing as well as helping with research, proofreading, and other tasks. Previous interns have gone on to work at such places as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, ABC News, and Reason itself.
- From Day 1, interns at NPR are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside top professionals in the field, interns do meaningful work across a variety of departments at NPR. Find out how you can contribute your diverse talents to gain invaluable experience at the heart of a thriving multimedia organization.
- Wisconsin Public Radio seeks an intern to work in our Eau Claire regional office for the summer of 2018. This internship is designed to attract college students of color and others from underrepresented groups. The internship experience will provide the successful candidate with solid training in the basics of broadcast journalism and public affairs call-in talk show production. The intern will develop a portfolio of materials, scripts and possibly audio examples of their work at WPR.
- High Country News is looking for informed and enthusiastic editorial interns and fellows to report on natural resource, environmental and community issues in the 11 Western states. This deadline is for the summer and fall internships.
- Are you looking to gain valuable experience in financial reporting? InvestmentWires is seeking spring interns who want to learn about the business of Wall Street. We are a small trade publisher whose readers are the leaders of the mutual fund and 401(k) businesses.
- The Leonard C. Goodman Institute for Investigative Reporting is dedicated to pursuing in-depth investigative projects that advance democracy and economic justice, amplify the work of social justice movements, and hold government and corporations accountable. Goodman investigations have the power to unearth corruption, impact legislation, and change the public narrative.
- The Fox News College Associate Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news industry. College Associates are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. College Associates are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience and career aspirations.
fellowship, internships, jobs, news, recent-news, student journalism